Job vacancy - Project Manager
As a project manager, you are responsible for coordinating the deliveries of our steel supply contracts to our customers involved in energy construction projects. Examples of projects are FPSO topsides, offshore wind jackets, subsea structures, LNG modules, and storage tanks. The project manager ensures that projects are delivered on-time, according to customer requirements and within budget. He/she acts as the intermediary between the customer and our internal organization. The project manager will be working in a small team with a high level of responsibility and independence.
There are two open positions. Candidates looking for a first career step (2-3 years of work experience) as well as more experienced candidates are invited to apply.
- To create and coordinate (project) supplies, including planning, negotiating and procurement of logistics solutions (road, ocean freight)
- To check the documentation (customer order, purchase orders to suppliers, sales confirmation) for the correctness
- To organize and coordinate inspection and testing, including negotiation of inspection contracts
- To document and expedite quality documents
- To investigate customer claims / non-conformities and to initiate solutions and improvements
- To ensure timely invoicing in our ERP system (AX) and to follow up on overdue payments
- To work in accordance with health and safety rules and guidelines within ArcelorMittal Projects Europe
- To ensure document control (technical and shipping documentation, databooks) is in line with customer requirements and documents are submitted correctly and timely
- To participate in/ initiate project kick-off meetings with the (internal) project team, customer and/or supplier(s)
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent with 2 to 10 years experience
- Knowledge and experience in the areas of sales support and project management
- Strong administrative skills including knowledge of MS-office and AX (ERP)
- Knowledge of international freight forwarding- and related documentation
- Experience with shipping/import regulations
- Affinity with steel materials and common steel grades and standards
- Languages: English, Dutch (preferred), French (preferred)
- Affinity with the (Nigerian) Oil & Gas market would be an advantage
- Pro-active and a high level of flexibility towards urgent customer requirements
- Culturally sensitive and an open mind towards unexpected situations
A challenging job with responsibilities within a stable company which is the global market leader in steel. You can count on a competitive salary package.
We are located in Heijningen, 30 minutes south of Rotterdam, in the Southwest of the Netherlands.
This position is open for candidates residing within travel distance to our Heijningen office and with the right to live and work in the European Union. This position is based on local employment terms.
Please send your resume together with a motivation letter to firstname.lastname@example.org